NEW KneeRover Economy Knee Scooter Steerable Knee Walker Crutch Alternative with DUAL BRAKING SYSTEM in Metallic Blue

No Comments

NEW KneeRover Economy Knee Scooter Steerable Knee Walker Crutch Alternative with DUAL BRAKING SYSTEM in Metallic Blue

NEW KneeRover Economy Knee Scooter Steerable Knee Walker Crutch Alternative with DUAL BRAKING SYSTEM in Metallic Blue

After my accident, a friend loaned me their knee scooter. That knee scooter was unsafe because it was a single hand break and the front wheels hit the scooter frame when turning which caused me to fall a few times.
I researched a long time before deciding on this KneeRover model. I got the BLUE one and I get lots of comments of how nice it looks. This knee scooter is fantastic and I highly recommend it for the following reasons:
1. Front wheels don’t hit knee scooter frame when turning
2. Excellent turning radius
3. Smooth ride
4. Dual hand breaks. Breaks work great
5. Price is spot on. Quality knee scooter.
6. The overall design is great because I don’t trip over myself like I did with the first scooter I used
7. Majority pre-assembled right out of the box. Took maybe 5 minutes to put together at most.
8. To collapse or make rideable is a snap! Takes me maybe 10 seconds.
9. Stable
10. Most importantly, it’s 20lbs. A manageable weight for me to lift in and out of the trunk. (Granted in the beginning lifting things in and out of the trunk with crutches was awkward for me but as I got stronger and had better balance it got easier!)

Speedy recovery to you and me!

With an injured foot and doctor’s orders to keep my weight off of it, it quickly became clear that I should get a knee roller or scooter of some kind so I could get around the house without doing further damage to myself. As I won’t need it for more than a month, I didn’t want to spend a fortune on one. My first step was to research my options. I found that one concern people had with EVERY kind of scooter, was being thrown off when encountering an obstacle like a stone on the path or uneven pavement. Forewarned is definitely forearmed. Just go slow. After looking at a variety of rollers, I settled on this KneeRover Economy Scooter, with which I am highly pleased. I received it five days ago, but waited until I needed to use it for a reasonably long “walk” outdoors. Yesterday’s visit to the doctor was the ideal test for outdoor use. I had to navigate uneven pavement to get to my car, and once we arrived at the office, a ridiculously long, poorly designed handicap walkway through the suite of offices to get to the access ramp leading up into my doctor’s office. After that, I had to make my way down a vinyl-tiled aisle to get to reception and the room where my foot splint was re-wrapped. Did all of that safely and comfortably (well, as comfortably as temperatures over 100 and high humidity allow). As a bonus, the med techs re-wrapping me said my foot was perfectly positioned for them to do their work, so I didn’t even need to get off of the scooter. Returning home meant going down the ramp and walkway I’d had to go up before, And finally back over the uneven walkway from my car to my house. The key, whether on carpet, tile, pavement or asphalt, is to go slow and steady while being ready to engage the breaks at any moment, more of an issue for me outside rather than inside, where I barely need to use them on my carpeted floors. The brakes respond instantly, which is excellent. I also partially engaged the brakes to slow progress if the roll down hill was picking up more speed than I wanted, which allowed me to navigate the ramps safely. You can sit sideways on the scooter if needed, provided you lock the brakes to keep it stable. The break locking and releasing mechanisms are easy to work. Assembly was quick, though I suggest you read the instructions over once or twice before getting to work. The product is sturdy and well-made. At 20 or so lbs, the scooter is light enough to lift up and reposition, if needed when remounting. The knee pad is comfortable enough for short jaunts, though for longer ones, you might want to buy a knee pad cover. While this scooter doesn’t have a carry basket, that isn’t an issue for a woman with a deep purse she can hang off the handle bars. Any sort of handled bag would work just as well. Pay attention to the safety instructions and, for long-term use, the maintenance instructions. All in all I highly recommend this product.

I now have mobility...and it is fast! Anyone that has had to use crutches or a cane for more than a week knows the frustration of asking for help to go get ___ because it takes too much time, energy and pain for you to hobble over there to get it. My teenage daughter laughed at me because I was so excited to go from room to room zooming around. Then she sat on it like a toddler scooter and zipped around for 15 minutes with a smile on her face. Am now searching for a backpack or basket to attach to it so that I can carry things with me since you need 1 and a half hands to steer it. Also will look into a cup holder since I almost spill. You are really going to want "accessories" to go with your scooter. I will be another 4 weeks hobbled and wish I had got this last week.

After trying a crutches for about 5 seconds, I opted for another option.
It worked well enough but for my office job, I'm up and down a lot. When I got this I was hesitant since people said it tipped over easy... Not the case on mine, at least as long as you put the front facing the right way. It locks and prevents it from turning too sharp. It seems very solid and study.
"Seat" is relatively comfortable too.
Only issue is you need room to get around. Not for a small house...
I haven't used outside so I can't rate that.
In addition the tires are non-marking contrary to another post.
If you need crutches .. Try this...

I’ve been using this for over a month. It’s a smooth ride and supportive. Well made. I have the blue color and it looks nice. The seat has a good enough cushion but if you are going to be using it for any length of time it can become uncomfortable. I’d invest in a thicker cushion if you plan on using this more than 30 minutes at a time, it can be hard on your knee. Be aware that it doesn’t easily fold up. I’ve traveled with this and it will fit in most car trunks but not all. Overall it’s better than crutches and a conversation starter for sure!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • AFFORDABLE MOBILITY SOLUTION: KneeRover Economy Knee Scooter delivers the best knee walker value in the industry and is ideal for individuals recovering from a broken foot, broken ankle, broken leg, foot surgery, or ankle surgery.
  • EXCELLENT CRUTCH ALTERNATIVE: More comfortable and stable than crutches, this affordable knee walker is made for both indoor and outdoor use, with four wheels for easy steering and balance.
  • STABILITY AND CONTROL: These easy to maneuver steerable knee scooter walkers feature four 7.5" rubber wheels, Dual adjustable locking handbrakes and dual rear on-wheel brakes.
  • FULLY ADJUSTABLE AND COMPACT: The Economy Steerable Knee Scooter also features handlebars with a quick release folding mechanism for easy transport and storage. Kneewalker has handlebars and padded knee platform that easily adjust for a comfortable fit.
  • LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE: This steerable kneewalker weighs only 21 pounds and offers a robust 300 lb. weight capacity. The Economy knee scooter is recommended for individuals with heights 4' 9" to 6' 6". Perfect for kids and adults. Adjust the knee platform so that yourinjured leg is supported at a 90 degree angle when standing

Description

ALL NEW METALLIC BLUE ECONOMY KNEE SCOOTER WALKER BY KNEEROVER

The Economy Knee Scooter Walker provides a more reliable and comfortable alternative to crutches for patients needing an effective mobility solution at an affordable price.

The steerable economy knee walker delivers one of the best kneewalker values in the industry and is ideal for for individuals recovering from a broken foot, broken ankle, broken leg, foot surgery, ankle surgery, leg amputation, other lower leg injuries or medical conditions like ulcers.

Sturdy dual bar frame, DUAL adjustable locking handbrakes and rear on-wheel brakes deliver excellent stability and control.

Ideal for indoor and outdoor use, the steerable knee scooter walker features four smooth 7.5" diameter rubber wheels.

Compatible with both the right and left legs, the KneeRover Economy Knee Scooter kneeling walker is lightweight and portable thanks to its simple folding mechanism that utilizes an easy to use thumb-release lever. Additionally, these knee walkers feature tool-free assembly and setup.

Specifications:
Color: Metallic Blue
Product Weight: 21 lbs
Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
Overall Length: 31"
Handlebar Height Range: 29" to 37"
Overall Height w/ handlebar folded and seat removed: 16.5"
Knee Support Height Range: 16.5" - 22"
Knee pad: 7" width x 13" length
Front Axle Width: 16"
DUAL Rear on-Wheel Brakes


NEED MORE ACCESSORIES OR PARTS FOR YOUR KNEE WALKER? When considering an accessory or part for your kneewalker scooter, we recommend the full line of KneeRover accessories available on Amazon - including Knee Walker Backpacks, Sheepette and Memory Foam knee pad covers, cup holder, LED head light, baskets.



I fractured my ankle and had been on crutches for 3 weeks. I had been hoping that my doctor would allow me to start walking on the foot (in an ortho boot) but when he told me I had to keep weight off for a full 6 weeks I decided I needed to order a scooter. Using crutches all the time was causing me more pain than my ankle - my hands and arms ached every morning, my good leg would cramp up occasionally, and my back hurt from my spine popping and stretching as my lower body hung from arms on the crutches. I needed a break from the crutches - especially to survive it a full 6 weeks!

I purchased the metallic blue economy KneeRover. I wanted a model with a basket but it seemed to add about $50 to the price which seemed excessive for a basket. I bought the economy model and hung a large reusable grocery bag on the front of the handlebars. I think this probably works better than a basket because I can roll right up to the cabinets for better reach. The bag just collapses between the scooter and cabinet while a basket would probably scratch the cabinets and reduce my reach by several inches. The knee padding on the economy model is perfectly fine - very comfortable.

I have much more independence around the house. I can carry almost anything in the bag - clothes, books, water bottle, ipad, even crutches. I can also use one hand to carry a plate of food or glass from the kitchen to a table - impossible to do with crutches. I can move much faster with less exertion. I still rely on the crutches when I leave the house because they are easier to get in and out of the car and I know I can tackle any terrain with them. But as soon as I get home I switch over to the scooter.

My only complaint is that the steering design restricts how tightly you can turn. So I often have to do multi-point turns or just stand on one foot and lift the scooter to turn it around. The steering is also somewhat unstable if one wheel hits something like a rug or a step between different flooring. I usually just lift the front wheels over these steps in flooring to avoid having the steering knocked to one side or the other.

I broke my ankle and crutches were difficult for me to use. This was perfect . I was able to mobilize and keep the weight off of my ankle. The only problem that I have is if you turn the steering bat too far the scooter falls over and so do you. I have done this twice before my surgery and hopefully I have learned my lesson do I will not do that again.

My wife had surgery on her toe, bunion, so she was not walking on that one foot. This helped here get around and gave her more mobility. The scooter is well made, heavy duty, strong and was easy to put together. Also was much cheaper than buying from the local medical supply, and better deal than renting one.

She only used it for a few weeks, so I can't say how it would last long for long term often use. But I would guess by its construction that it would last a long time.

Happy with the purchase, would buy again.

I purchased this for my son who has hemophilia and is prone to joint bleeds in his ankle and knee. I really like the product. My son is 6 and is able to get around pretty well on it when we take it outside, although I rotated the cushion and he prefers to scoot with it like a bike without pedals. I'm just happy that he can still be mobile and play when he has mobility problems and it is large enough that it will grow with him for longevity. The quality seems great and it definitely is durable (my son thought it would be funny to push it down a hill)! The only reason why I gave it 4 stars is because it can be a bit of a pain to maneuver it around the house around our furniture. That is a minor setback to me though since I mainly purchased it for use outside the home. Overall, it is a wonderful product and as a mom I am truly grateful for it!

My husband had a little bit of a hard time getting it put together, but he finally got it. I broke my fibula near my right ankle and thought that this scooter would be ideal. So when he got it together and I started to use it, I suddenly realized that I couldn't use it because my knee wasn't stable. In fact, the knee was the reason I fell in the first place. I've had two complete knee replacements on both of my knees and the right knee has never been good. It just didn't occur to me when I ordered the product that I was really unable to use it. No fault of the company at all.

Get it Now