Door Edge Guard/Protected Lining/Trim Molding fits most cars,Car Door Edge Guards Trim Rubber Seal Protector Guard Strip Car Protection Door Edge fits most cars(16Ft Clean,No Glue Required)

No Comments

Door Edge Guard/Protected Lining/Trim Molding fits most cars,Car Door Edge Guards Trim Rubber Seal Protector Guard Strip Car Protection Door Edge fits most cars(16Ft Clean,No Glue Required)

Door Edge Guard/Protected Lining/Trim Molding fits most cars,Car Door Edge Guards Trim Rubber Seal Protector Guard Strip Car Protection Door Edge fits most cars(16Ft Clean,No Glue Required)

Well, my experience with this product started off on the wrong foot. i found that the tape was not installed in the edge guard molding as shown and found that there were no instructions. Contacting the vendor did not help so, I was about ready to give up. Today I gave it one more try and used a technique I used with similar products used in my auto restoring hobby.

First clean the surface with the little supplied pad or use adhesive remover to really clean surface where the tape will stick. Next apply the tape with the red backing to the back of the door lip getting as close to the edge as possible but do not get on the edge itself. Leave a 1/2 " or so tab of red backing so the tape is where the molding will end but the red backing will be longer. Press to make sure it is sticking very well everywhere. Now take the edge guard with the longer side to the rear and spread the opening so it will slip over the door edge and the tape. Be careful not to expose the sticky side of the tape when doing this. Use a small rubber mallet and tap the edging to make sure it is on well,

Now, holding either end of the 1/2 " of red backing tape that you left on, slowly pull it away from the edging while holding the edging with your other hand. The red backing will slip out exposing the sticky side of the tape and squeeze it in place and finish by taping with the mallet once more.

This resulted in a beautiful job and since I used the clear edging, you hardly tell the edging is there. I would think the vendor wound do well to supply instructions and possibly a YouTube video. This would go a long way in helping future customers.

No instructions included, but it's easy enough to figure out and use. (Clean surface, install on door edge with adhesive side on inside edge and adhesive backing still in place, cut to length, remove one end and peel off an inch or so of the adhesive backing, re-install that edge, then slowly pull end of adhesive backing along protector length while pressing down freshly-exposed adhesive behind it.) The adhesive strip isn't applied inside the protector itself very well, so there are lots of air bubbles between the adhesive strip and the protector plastic. Popping these with a pin from the adhesive side first will help the adhesive grab on better in the long run. Finished application is almost invisible on my silver car. It has already proven its worth a couple of times. I'm happy with this purchase and would recommend it to others.

2018/7/8
Leave the cover piece on first. Put the strips in place first then gradually pill the cover off and work your way down or up. The set up was easy. Now we will see if they hold.
I have a Toyota Tundra CrewMax 18. If you are just going to do half a door (from bottom up to window), this length is fine. If you, like me, plan to do the whole door length (top to the bottom), you need to buy 2 set of these.

The tape does have a slight blue tint to it when you look at it before installing. However once installed on my silver/tan vehicle, and my wife's white vehicle the blue tint is unnoticeable.

The trim was easy to install and does not interfere with the body panel gaps and does not cause binding on the hinges as I know some edge guards can.

One roll was able to do my station wagon and my wife's large SUV, so I feel like we got a lot for the money.

Will update the review if the product should start to fail or show signs of issues.

Very easy to install on my Toyota Sequoia. Slip over the area to be protected making sure adhesive is on the inside of the edge so it doesn't show after installation. Catch the edge of the adhesive protective cover and pull it off working your way down as you pinch the door protector to press it onto the inside edge of door.

Included instructions are fortunately unnecessary as they are mainly in Mandarin accompanied in very tiny print cryptic English -- the kind that was routine 30 years ago -- laughable but then so is my Mandarin I'm sure.

Will now order another length for my Camry.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Features:Door edge guards from can be easily applied to any edge, will protect your vehicle from nicks, chips & scratches, for most universal car.
  • MATERIAL:Flexible and durable high quality material. In the metal edge of the car body between the car door and car body. In the external edge of the car door and more. The adhesive tape is designed to paste on the inside door edge, therefore it will not leave any residue on the outs.
  • Installation Instructions:Full size U shape 16 ft channel designed to fit easily over any door edge. Super easy to cut with scissors? Install this door edge guards in 20 minutes or less to a car or truck.
  • Advantage:Protect the value of your car,Years or durability, the edge molding is UV protected for longer life. Won't fade, peel, fall off, or harm your paint finish.
  • NOTE:the door guard will prevent paint chipping if you door hits another car or wall. Or you can hide existing paint chips(we provide free delivery, if the case of damage or other reasons, please E-mail contact us, we will respond within 12 hours can do for you and arrange. Thank you very much for your order!)

Description

Car Door Edge Guards Kits will include:
One Piece of Transparent trim molding strip measuring 16 feet in length. The trim is made of flexible and durable high quality plastic. This is such an easy way to change the appearance of your vehicle. The Door Guard will prevent paint chipping if you door hits another car or wall. You will be trimming the Door Guard yourself into 4 separate pieces to fit. The Door Guard is very easily to trim to length with a pair of scissors or shears. The Door Guard easily attaches to your door by just slipping into place. The Door Guard can also easily be removed in seconds.

Installation process:
(1) - Measure your door length (Measure Twice & Cut Once).
(2) - Cut the Door Guard to the length you just measured.
(3) - Slip the Door Guard into your door.
(4) - Repeat the process around each door.

How to install:
➤1. Place the trim under the sun for about 3-5 minutes (This step make the trim more flexible).
➤2. Gently place the door edge guard on the door so as to line it up with the contour of the door.
➤3. Measure the length of the door edge, and cut the door guard to the length you just measured.
➤4. Slip the door guard into your door.
➤5. Make sure the position of the door edge guard is correct. The guard will slowly bend into the proper position as you apply taps. Once in place, do not remove, reposition, or reinstall the door edge guard or it will not hold securely.


After the entire guard is in place, you can give it slightly harder taps to ensure a firm fit.Note:Heat gun / blow dryer is necessary if the trim is not soft to fit in to the door.



I was hesitant to use it cause it was much thinner than my previous one's I had on my car, but I already bought it and figured, I might as well try it. Pretty happy with the results. Looks good and easy to install. The only small complaint is that the adhesive tape miss's on some spots and it makes the edge guard look a little discolored at those spots, but its not that noticeable.

Exactly what I needed for the edge of my Miata. The original edge guard strips were thin plastic that, after a few years, started getting shredded and ugly.

Took a bit of time to remove the old sticky clear tape from the originals (combination of heat gun and plastic scraper, followed up with Goo Gone).

Applying these edge guards was easy to do. I cut to length first by applying before removing the red tape backing of the adhesive. Then I peeled away about an inch of the red tape from the top and, slowly, pushing the guard into place with my fingers, slowly pulled the red backing down until I reached the end. Application for each door took less than 5 minutes.

I have door guards as part of the Protector package on my 2017 RAV4. When the local carwash trashed one of the guards I was told by my dealer that I would need to replace the guards on all four doors for a cost of over $100. I decided that for $10 it was worth trying out the EJ’s Super Car guard. The package included a soft cloth to clean the door surface and 16 ft of soft rubber guard. There were instructions but difficult to read so I looked at the photos on their website and read suggestions in the reviews. I cut the guard to the appropriate length, spread open the inside to remove the 3M adhesive and bit by bit pushed the guard firmly onto the edge of the door. It took about 10 minutes because I was new at this. Finally, I gave it the ultimate test—went through the carwash. No problem. With the remaining 14 ft I plan to put guards on the four doors of our 2009 Camry.

The edge guards look great on my 2019 blue Outback. I had enough with the 16 feet to do all 4 doors and the liftgate with 2" left over.
Lessons Learned:
1. I'm right handed, start on the passenger side, much easier to work the leverage pushing the guard on and keep the long side fully on the inside of the door. Then move to the driver side after you've gotten more comfortable with the application.
2. The glue is actually a loose glue strand. If you aren't careful to get the guard fully pushed on, wider inside lap first, it is easy to get the glue strand stuck to the front side, which looks bad.
3. Pull the red tape out only far as you push the guard on, about an inch or two at a time. If you pull out too much, the two sides will stick together before you get it pushed onto the door. The glue strand will then twist or migrate.
-Sounds complicated but it really isn't. I gave it 4 stars until I see how it adheres in the Texas heat, but I'm happy with the way it looks, out of the gate anyway.

Update: tubing is still on after 8 months. Not so bad after all. I increase the rating to five stars. Product required concentration while applying. For the door of a Ford F150, the tubing seemed smaller than I expected. It is on, but the only thing holding it on is the adhesive on the back of the door edge. It feels like if you close the door and come in contact with the tubing, it might come off. Great idea & Long Term it just might protect the doors & tail gate of my Ford F150.

Get it Now