New Trent - 2017/2015 iPad Case for iPad Pro 12.9 Inch (Old Model)(1st & 2nd Generation ONLY) Heavy Duty Gladius Full-Body Rugged Protective Case with Built-in Screen Protector. NOT For 3rd Generation

No Comments

New Trent - 2017/2015 iPad Case for iPad Pro 12.9 Inch (Old Model)(1st & 2nd Generation ONLY) Heavy Duty Gladius Full-Body Rugged Protective Case with Built-in Screen Protector. NOT For 3rd Generation

New Trent - 2017/2015 iPad Case for iPad Pro 12.9 Inch (Old Model)(1st & 2nd Generation ONLY) Heavy Duty Gladius Full-Body Rugged Protective Case with Built-in Screen Protector. NOT For 3rd Generation

This is a highly underrated and excellent full body, high quality, built case for the iPad Pro. At home I was using the basic Apple case, but we were going to be traveling for a few weeks and I wanted something full body and sturdy. After much surfing, I decided to give this one a chance.

This case is easy to install, incredibly well built with tight port covers, very clear built in screen protector, and the rotating rear one handed slide hold is the icing on the cake. The thicker, sturdier sides make it much easier to hold and use for two handed use and that in combination with the EXCELLENT rear flat hand hold it really makes it easy to switch and adapt depending on use and I've found ZERO problems with this case. It is just a great, great case all around.

I like it so much that after returning home, I just left my iPad Pro in it for day to day use as I prefer this case more than the Apple issued rear cover case.

Only had this for about a week, but it seems to be of good quality and durable. The last case I bought fell apart pretty much immediately. The strap is comfortable and the stand is an extra feature I didn't have before. The only cons I have with this is the lack of an Apple Pencil holder and that it is a little heavy (I'll take the weight penalty for the apparent durability thought!). So far I love it!
Update: One nuance to the fit of the case that I have just come to realize: The case design doesn't allow plugging the Apple Pencil into the iPad. I lost connection to the Pencil recently and had to remove the case to plug in the Pencil to get it to connect again. We'll see how often the connection is lost. I've used the Pencil many times already with out a problem so hopefully that remains to be the case.

I purchased the ipad pro 12.9 cover. It is really nice, well constructed and not too heavy.
The handgrip on the back makes the ipad very easy to use or carry around. It is about the same weight as an otterbox, but I like this design much better. Overall the screen clarity is good, and it does not seem to affect any of the functions. I am overall very pleased with this product. I travel alot with my ipad and I feel that I will be well protected and the price made it even better. Thank you

I owned the Gladius Air, and this case is definitely a step up in quality. I was a bit weary about purchasing it because of the size of the tablet. I was pleasantly surprised at how thin it was when I opened the packaging. New Trent has taken time to read feedback and improve the design.

PROS:

1) It's VERY light, but doesn't compromise in protection. Everything in this case is protected except for your the four speaker cutouts.

2) It's versatile. I'm comfortable using it for work or outdoors for viewing content on the go. This is the only iPad Pro case with a leather strap instead of some sort of gimmicky handle made for kids.

3) Easy access to the Notification Center/Widgets and Control Center with space on the top and bottom of the front of the case. I had issues swiping up and down on the old model because of the flush size of the polycarbonate faceplate. Glad to see that they heard this feedback and improved.

4) Wow. The hand strap allows this case to be held in one hand comfortably...while in motion. This is what makes the New Trent Gladius line the standard for iPad cases!

CONS:

1) The hand strap has a comfortable, tight grip and will probably fit most hands just fine. However, I had issues getting the stand to completely detract without putting force on the hand-strap. I decided to try to adjust it and found a somewhat simplistic design. The leather is attached to plastic tabs that how the strap and it's all reinforced by velcro. I never had to adjust the stand on the previous case, but I found this to be a bit odd.

There are only two strap settings and the second setting was a bit too open for my taste. It also didn't seem to make it any easier for the stand to detract. I'm assuming this problem is due in part to the fact that the stand is larger for the larger iPad. I love this case, but I'm going to have to subtract a star for this problem. I hope New Trent can make some improvements for this in the future. Inevitably there will be times where it is functional to hold the iPad with the hand strap and others when you need to stand it up (especially for an iPad of this size). It might be time to rethink the design.

2) The screen protector is attached to the polycarbonate faceplate. I'm personally of the mentality that the screen protector should be optional. I already have an Invisible Shield Glass screen protector on my iPad Pro, so the additional protector causes issues with touch responsiveness and responsiveness from my Apple Pencil. This isn't a significant issue if you don't mind cutting it out, I suppose.

Please comment if you have any additional questions. I'd be happy to answer.

I've been fortunate to have been selected to receive several New Trent products in the past, not this one. I purchased this as I could not risk having my new IPad Pro unprotected. I love this case having first experienced it with my prior tablet, the IPad Air. This case worked very well for me on my Air, especially in my work environment, firstly because of the strap. I'm walking in an inventory type work situation and I download my checklist to my IPad. The strap is adjustable and should fit most hand sizes.
The covers for the volume, headphone, charger port and home buttons are as functional and smooth as you'll find on any case on the market in my opinion. The built in screen cover is extremely functional as well and very receptive to touch.
I can't imagine another case that would pull me away but of course I can't say that for certain. I'm looking forward to what New Trent has to offer when my IPhone 7 Plus arrives this month.
Submitted by a 56 year old retired policeman and current ops manager in the shipping/security business.
Regards


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Integrated screen protector, dual layer design and metal kick stand
  • Leather hand strap and shock protection
  • Raised edges for the Lens and screen protection
  • Full access to ports and functions with protection from Scratches
  • Designed Specifically for the Apple iPad Pro 12.9 1st and 2nd Generation, not compatible with 3rd Generation

Description

Integrated screen protector with a leather strap for mobile operation

Dual Layer hard inner case + rubber outer shell

Pull out metal kick stand for vertical and horizontal iPad orientations

Compatible with iPad Pro 12.9 inch 1st Generation and 2nd Generation

"NOT COMPATIBLE" with iPad 12.9 3rd Generation, iPad Pro 10.5 inch, iPad Pro 9.7 inch, iPad 6th Gen(2018), iPad 5th Gen(2017), iPad Air, iPad Air 2 or ANY iPad mini

 



Very Tough product!
Pros!
Fits perfectly
Easy to install (after reading directions
NOTE: take of the blue protection film OFF B O T H side before snapping it together (I did not)
Perfect screen cover.

Cons
HEAVY - doubles the weight of the IpadPro. ($1300. IPad better heavy than broken)
The hand thing is make for a very BIG person.
No Adjustment. THe strap was make in proportion of the size Ipad not well thought out (just because the ipad is bigger our hands are not)
The hand strap is very loose but works.

Over all I like it very well . I would have like a shoulder STRAP and a place to hook a one.

I am Very satisfied overall! 4.5

When ever I buy a new iPad (or iPhone) I have to spend countless hours, days, weeks sometimes months looking for just the right protective case.
Trying and having to go back to the store to return the item.
Sometimes I just have to settle for a case that I don’t really love because the right one hasen’t been made yet, or is way too expensive.
This is the first case I tried and luckily my search was over.
I love that the stand is so versatile, being able to rotate it for either viewing position, as well as hold it in your hand.
And that I don’t have to purchase a separate screen protector.
The case is easy to take apart for cleaning.
The charging cover is easy to remove.
The speaker ports functions beautifully with no loss of sound.
The front camera cover works great
I have a Green Cheek Conure that likes to nibble on everything and you can’t see any damage anywhere on the case, it is really tough.
It is hard to tell if the case adds a lot of weight to the iPad Pro because the Pro is heavy by itself.
I usually set my iPad Pro on a pillow on my bed or the counter in the kitchen.
The case dosen’t add that much size to the iPad Pro to carry in a tablet case, you just need a 14” or larger case.
The price was not cheep but yet very reasonable for the quality of the case.

The only thing that would make it better is to have a piece of plastic cover the rear camera

I'm a general contractor and use my iPad during my consultations with homeowners. This case allows me to hold my iPad while I'm walking around taking measurements without the fear of dropping it. There is only two concerns. 1. The power off button is way to hard to push in. In fact it's almost impossible. If you're a woman with nice fingernails you probably won't be able to push it in. 2. The leather strap in the back works great now, I'm just concerned that over time it will stretch out like all leather does. I like the leather but maybe if the strap had Velcro sewn in where it could be looped over and adjusted. That would be nice.

Fits the IPad Pro, sturdy construction. The leather hand strap on the back makes the Ipad easy to hold in the field. I use the Ipad to make inspections of homes. As i measure the exterior of the house, the last case i had would be difficult to hold and sometimes i have dropped the ipad on the ground. With this case and its strap, the pad is secure and stable on my hand.
So far no troubles of any kind. The case has it's own clear cover on the face so the ipad screen is protected. Does not have a cover that shuts the ipad down, like my last case, i just touch the top button to shut down now, not a big deal.
The case is a little heavy, but I feel the ipad is protected better than my old case which was soft and less weight.

I a a very clumsy person. I bought this case as. Way of protecting my new iPad Pro from accidental drops and spills. I frequently use my iPad as a notepad for taking handwritten and handdrawn notes during work / business. This case enables me to do this quite well. The iPad is entirely enclosed, but the screen cover is thin enough such that the iPad Pro stylus / smart pencil thingamajig is unaffected in its abilities. I particularly like the leather loop on the back s it makes it easier for my to hold the iPad with my left hand while taking handwritten notes with my right.

I also use the iPad with a bluetooth keyboard. Here the pull out stand tab has come very much in handy. It can rotate through 360 degrees and enables my to position my iPad in portrait and landscape modes (and in one intentionally humorous instance, in diagonal mode). The pull out stand thingy is also useful for using the iPad as a personal TV screen when lying down. I can also perch the iPad on a table to watch the news while eating breakfast / dinner.

So far, I have only dropped my iPad while in it’s case a couple times (from table height), and the case has definitely provided ample protection. I have yet to spill a whole bunch of liquid on the iPad + case, so stay tuned for future review updates on that.

Get it Now