
I gladly share my experience coming from someone who has had bedbugs in 2 different living conditions. Not taking anything away from exterminators, but i know im not the only one that doesnt have thousands of dollars to spend on a professional. So I learned by doing my research, just like I said, this is a great TOOL. Read up, learn what to do and how, because the worst thing you can do against bedbugs is NOTHING. For example, I learned they do not like certain smells, like peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus oils. They are great to REPEL them, THERE IS NO END ALL BE ALL solution to bedbugs. I learned and read the key hiding spots. I make part of my weekly cleaning, cleaning for bedbugs as well. Spraying key areas where they might go, I use a diffuser to spray the scents they do not like, and since my new apartment in August, no sign of any. I intend to keep it that way. This is a great, decent priced tool. Also look for the bed bug inteceptors, they work great, if you have any, you can catch them in there, they wont get out. I can keep talking....good luck
I ordered 2 bottles of this and it definitely works. It butchered the bugs on contact. I continued to follow up on with sprays every 2 weeks for about 1.5 months and after almost a year I haven't seen any return.
So all of a sudden we found ourselves amidst a flea infestation! Our indoor cat was scratching constantly, and bc she liked to use our bed bishopric lining as a hammock, both our upstairs bedrooms were crawling with fleas. It freaked us out to have to sleep getting bit up, especially with a 6 yr old.
We bought this large spray in addition to the aerosol for mattresses, and prior to sprayspreading we cleaned our home, removed ourlinens and mattress covers, and planned to do the upstairs first, so when we sprayed downstairs/the main living area, we could run errands while it dried.
This is toxic to pets and people while wet, so plan to shut up the rooms you're treating and not go back in them until it's dried.
We sprayed our entire apartment. We used the ortho aerosol can on furniture, outlets, and the mattresses and box spring ( it advises not to use on things that you sleep on that your skin comes in contact with but because we have mattress covers and foam mattress toppers on top of our bed it was okay- make sure you read the instructions!), and then used this spray on everything else.
The spray handle does come with batteries, make sure you follow instructions when using it! You want to sprayall carpets and such so they're damp, not soaked. I put the sprayer on the setting that was several streams, there's different settings you can use.
Make sure you treat your cat/dog with Revolution or other strong flea treatments aft the same time as treating your home! Your pet will just leave more flea larvae everywhere it goes if you don't treat the pretty and environment at the same time!
It's been a few weeks and the bedrooms are flea free, although we had to wait 2 more weeks to retreat our cat again, so we will likely habe to use the leftover spray and aerosol on the spaces she frequents when we treat her again, but it WORKS! Dont be surprised to find other bugs around as this stuff kills lots of things.
I'd give it a million stars if i could bc out saved pour sanity and got rid of my itchy insomnia.
When I tell you this spray saved my sanity, that is no exaggeration. I had what many would consider a minor problem, but was a huge problem to me because it was mind numbing that this was happening to me. Waking up with bites and marks all over my legs and arms, having absolutely no clue where they were coming from. Being a night owl, I noticed that what I at 1st thought was a spider (with my glasses off) coming toward me I swatted away. The following night it happened again, (glasses off again) coming from the same direction. The 3rd night I saw nothing, but the next it happened again and I actually saw (glasses on) that it was a bug, not a spider. I investigated the area it came from on the bed. Sure enough, these suckers were breeding in the crevices of my mattress. After researching and Youtubing ways to get rid of these things, I tried the organic way at 1st, it didn't last long. I tried steaming, it didn't work. Then I Youtubed again and found an actual exterminator who specializes in lower income households with this problem. He mentioned what he used in his business and I immediately came to Amazon and BINGO it was here, ready and available for 2 day prime delivery! It took all of 2 days for it to COMPLETLY eradicate. This stuff works without a doubt! Saved my life and my sanity.
I coupled this along with doing a steam treatment like once a week and I've been pretty clear so far of bed bugs. I had some stubborn ones so it definitely took some time. This isn't an overnight fix. You have to stick with it. But overall I've been using it for a few weeks now. Basically hitting cracks and corners of my big storage bed frame and along the corners of my room. I haven't seen any so I would like to think its working pretty damn well.

Feature Product
- Fast-acting formula
- Long-lasting bed bug control
- Kills bed bugs and their eggs
- Kills pyrethroid-resistant bed bugs
- Use on beds, furniture and luggage
Description
Did you know bed bugs are not only classified as a public health pest, but they are also one of the most difficult insects to kill? Over time, bed bugs have developed a resistance to pyrethroids, the most common type of pesticide used for treatment. Have no fear - with Ortho Home Defense Dual-Action Bed Bug Killer, you have a formula that kills even pyrethroid-resistant bed bugs!
Using this, in combination with furniture cups and diatomaceous earth dust, I have been bed bug free for almost a year now.
Extremely effective. After using several different highly rated dproducts, two cans of this spray did the trick. I did not havea heavy infestation, but they just kept coming. I'm keeping another can on hand, but so far, problem solved!
I used the Ortho Bed bug & flea killer in the purple spray can a few weeks ago, $6.97 for a one pound can at Home Depot. Enjoyed three blissful bug-free days and nights before they returned. BUT, that was before I accidentally discovered and eradicated the nest, which was in the curtain valance of all places. Whoever heard of curtain bugs? I hadn't even sprayed up there, concentrating on my mattress and headboard. It was a hot, sunny day, and I was trying to tug the curtains closed to block out the light. I pulled too hard and the whole apparatus fell down. Muttering, I started to climb on the edge of my bed to rehang the curtains, looked down, and yuck, there they were: about the size of my hand, a seething colony of eggs, nymphs and bugs. Also, those horrible brown fecal stains tracked across the valance. And when I jumped off the bed to drag the curtains to the bathroom, about twenty crackly off-white husks - the bugs their shed skin five times in their lifespan- wafted to the floor. Ick. (I'm sharing this to help others track down their bedbug Ground Zero. I had scrutinized my mattress and box spring three times - flashlight, magnifying glasses- and found nothing at all.) washed the curtains in hot water, and used another can of Ortho. That was two nights ago, and so far, so good. But I also bought a 4 lb bag of Diatomaceous Earth ($8.97) and there's so much of that white powder drifting around my bedroom, it looks like Elsa's kingdom in Frozen. I also ordered some Cimexa by mail, but it hasn't come yet. I'm hoping that the three-pronged approach - Ortho, DE and Cimexa - will prevail and prevent any future resurgence. Twice last month, I lifted my head off the pillow, and a bedbug fell out of my hair! I was so disgusted I started using head lice shampoo, even though I've never had lice, simply because it's the only pesticide you can safely use in that manner. Good luck to all of you.
First spray that we found that really kills the bugs. Highly recommended to all!
My family and I went on vacation a few days later noticed odd bites all over us that wouldn't go away... Sprayed this on the couch where we saw zero bugs but knew they had to be in there!
About 4 days later
We saw them on pillows and cushions!
This helped them come out!!!!!!
I think because we sprayed this it definitely killed some but caused others to come out and scatter.. I sprayed this on the ones I saw and they died in a second! Unfortunately we threw out our entire couch because it was infested! But thanks to this spray it helped us figure out exactly where they were coming from
