
This bag is perfect for my needs. I was thinking I had to buy a super heavy and super expensive safe, but I really just needed fire and water protection and not theft protection. I didn't even know such a product as this existed. I plan to buy more of these bags very soon. It was very roomy and I was able to fit my estate planning binder, a couple of external hard drives, some photo negatives, etc. The zipper does make getting larger items into the bag a little difficult as other reviews mention, but I think the zipper does not extend down the sides on purpose as I think it would be harder to make the bag fire proof if the zippers went any farther than beyond the top edge. I was able to turn my estate binder lengthwise to get it through the opening, and then turn it width-wise once I got it inside the bag. I did find it just a tad bit itchy, but I'm sure its as least itchy as possible considering the fireproof materials. This is not something I will be carrying around, so for storage purposes, it's ok if its a tiny bit itchy. I only got one little piece of fiberglass in my arm before I realized its not the best idea to have it touching your skin directly..for sure though not a big issue and I plan to buy this again and recommend it to my mother.
Update: I have since ordered 3 more of these bags and only the very first one was a little itchy. The later bags I ordered have a slightly different outer coating and are not st all itchy.
I haven't set the thing on fire for the ultimate test, of course, but aside from that it seems pretty good. I'm sure the zipper problem is due to not wanting it to hang over the edges and compromise the security. The zipper itself is plastic and may not be able to take direct heat, but the flap covers it well enough that it should be fine, and the zipper kind of looks like its designed to melt shut, or has some stuff around it that will seal it. If it was a couple of inches wider it'd be easier to get the bigger documents in. (Why is it so hard to find document safes / fireproofing for legal sized things, when almost all the stuff you'd want would be legal...)
I don't much care about the look, but it looks pretty good, plain black outside, textured white inside. I ran my hands and inner forearms all over the inside of the bag, and didn't run into any of the scratchiness others have mentioned at all.
This is perfect for storing trusts, and other legal documents. Even though I have a good safe, this bag makes me feel more secure in case of a fire. It's affordable insurance for important documents.
The bag is great EXCEPT for the zipper design. I would have given it 5 stars if the zipper were better placed. The zipper does not allow for the bag to be fully opened. If this bag's zipper were to be re-designed so the zipper would unzip around the entire opening - to allow the top to fully open for the 5" space, that would be perfect.
This is a very good bag to have because its roomy and has a long strap, so if needed, you can grab it and place it on your shouder and keep it moving if possible. I hope to never be in a situation to find out if the fire proof really works or not, but its good to know my important papers are in a safe place inside this bag. One suggestion is, it would be great if there was a lock on this bag then it would really be a no brainer, it would be the best on the market.

Feature Product
- 2000°F DEGREES MAXIMUM FIRE & WATER PROTECTION - Protect your valuables from being destroyed by unexpected fire and water damage with our heavy duty fireproof bag, featuring double-layered fiberglass protection. This bag can withstand temperatures up to 2000°F. It's also coated in silicone for exceptional water resistance.
- EXTRA LARGE CAPACITY (15" x 12" x 5" Inches) - Our bag features a massive, 15-inch opening and has an interior volume of over 900 cubic inches. There's plenty of room for all of your valuables, such as passports, birth certificates, photo albums, money, jewelry, legal documents, and even laptops.
- NON-ITCHY SILICONE FIBERGLASS - This bag protects your valuables AND your hands! You will never have to worry about wearing gloves to avoid getting itchy fiberglass splinters when adding or removing items from your fireproof bag. The entire exterior is infused with a thick layer of smooth silicone for safe handling at all times.
- HIGHEST QUALITY & DURABILITY - The bag opening is fully secured with a 2-stage closure system. First, it uses a rugged zipper that's coated in silicone for a tight seal. Then, the zipper gets completely covered by a double-layered fiberglass protector flap, which fastens down using a strong velcro strip. There's no way any flames will find their way inside! The bag's heavy duty construction makes it extremely durable, ensuring years of reliable use in any environment.
- PRACTICAL & TRANSPORTABLE - A sturdy handle provides ease of transportation in the event of a fire evacuation. A removable shoulder strap is also included for extra support while carrying. These features allow the bag to be carried by a person of any size, even with heavy items inside. When the bag isn't being used to protect large belongings, it can be folded completely flat and stored out of sight.
Description
Helping You Prepare for the Unexpected
Nobody ever anticipates a house fire before it happens. They always come unannounced. That’s why it’s absolutely necessary to prepare for them ahead of time. And protecting your valuables is one of the best ways you can do that.
What makes our fireproof bag better than the rest?
Since you’re reading this, you probably already know the importance of having a fireproof bag. But there are a lot of options to choose from. Here are some of the reasons why our bag stands out from the crowd.
Double-Layer Fiberglass: Twice the protection of traditional PVC bags.
Heat Resistance up to 2000 Degrees Fahrenheit: That’s pretty hot!
Non-Itchy Exterior, Infused with Silicone: Never worry about getting splinters!
Massive Size (15 x 12 x 5 Inches): Never struggle to decide which items to save.
Fiberglass Zipper Flap Cover: Fireproof protection, all the way around.
Top-Mounted Carry Handle: For easy transport.
Removable Shoulder Strap: For added support while carrying heavy items.
Water Resistant Exterior: Save your valuables from the fire, and the firetruck.
Heavy Duty Construction: This bag is made to last, even if it never sees a fire.
the entrance slot was just a bit snug for the binder we will be storing in the document bag, but was wide enough to squeeze in a a note book that was approximately 11" square and about 3.5" thick. So it worked out perfectly.
This bag is well made. A nice size. I have a lot stored in it. I store my important documents and cash in this bag and place inside my large safe. So if there is an emergency I can easily grab this bag out of my very large safe to exit the premises. Plus if I need an important document, they can easily be located - I simply carry the bag to my desk and then return it back to my safe when I am finished. I like that it adds additional security if there was a fire - even though it is in a safe. A lot of good reasons and I am happy with my purchase.
FORTUNATELY I have NOT tested this document holder out ! But I must say the size and quality is what I wanted - I am NOT anticipating using it to determine its specifications. P.S. Super communications with the seller which Makes ME VERY pleased in my product purchased and seller's communications.
My attorney recently advised me not to keep valuable papers in a safety deposit box, so I chose this bag instead. It holds all our important documents. It sits upright once filled, and if you don’t fill it to the brim, can be searched without removing everything.
The only drawback - which is significant, I think - is that when the velcro fastener is joined, thete is about a 1” gap between the zipper and the flap closure. I’d like it more if the fit were snug.
Finally ordered this bag to help protect the important papers. Uncle went through the Paradise, CA fire which woke us all up to the danger & loss that could hit any of us at any time. Feel better knowing all our most important documents fit in this one great size bag. They do smell super funky & an odd texture, but part of it being able to withstand the heat. Just slip the bag into an old pillowcase & all is well.
