
Ive been using my knee rover for 2 weeks today. I have a no weight bearing, cast on my right foot. This is a life saver! The big wheels help rolling easy and quiet. The basket has proven to be so useful, cause you need to steer. The hand brake is reassuring. It came with a training wheel, didn't need it. As long as your putting your knee on the whole seat, not on just the back of it, I find it stable enough without it.
The handlebars have nice soft handles. I ordered red and got sparkly orange, actually pretty. I could not find a local rental one and most onlines have too small of wheels; best 300 bucks spent for a helful way to get around. I would recommend this.
First the negative, wht couldn't the seller air up the tires? Think about this, who may be using this product and not have a compressor or pump at home. And, I dont mind soft wheels but one front wheel is palpably softer than the other. At LEAST fill equally with the little air put in them.
Now the rest, good stuff. See the blue model for a video on assembly that's NOT available for the orange model. Very helpful. Easy to put together.
Next, the support wheel is almost a must have, why a single back wheel I'll never know. Place it on the INJURED side.
What a difference between small wheeled models vs all terrain. I actually went through a plate glass window after the front wheel of the small wheel version cought a small bump. Yup, cut up my arm but could have been worse, no artery was cut. The small front wheels suddenly catch and turn sharply and down you might go. I've caught myself multiple times with the wheel catching in divits in the road or sidewalk. You experience EVERY bump or hole. Hard to avoid at times. THIS model with BIG wheels rides right over all the hazards, mostly without even noticing them. Safety first! Next, the turning radius is diminished, BUT just a little lift of the front wheels puts you back on track instead of all the 3 point turns others mention.
The single brake is on the right side. I'd have preferred it on the left side and cannot change it because the handlebar grips are so securely attached. I'm left handed and yes, it makes a difference. Otherwise they wouldn't put it on the majority" right side. I'll get used to it, I always have and will have to.
Suggestion: Don't over estimate your height. The higher the handlebars and knee cushion, the higher the center of gravity and instability. Keep them as low as tolerable, much more stable. USE the stability wheel. Should have 2 back wheels anyway.
Next, the tools provided are actually REAL tools. You might keep them afterwards unlike the thin pot-metal tool you USUALLY get with products.
So, expect to air up the tires, use the stability wheel, keep it low center of gravity, just lightly lift front for sharper turns and it's a secure, stable and safe ride. Worth the cost, trust me.
Works so much better than any other knee scooter that doesn’t have 12” knobby inflatable tires!! Very easy to use especially when adding the stabilizing wheel!!
Basket definitely comes in handy and brakes works well, but don’t skid too much bc tires get bald fast.
Only Cons I could say is that the front axel nuts stick out an inch and can easily catch the trim work inside your house!! Wish they were flush to the wheel hub. Also the grips loosen too easily and slide inward which becomes annoying. And lastly the seat cushion quality could be better. It deforms over time toward the side of your injury and should be padded even more seeing that all your weight in constantly applied to it.
Should also come with a damn cup holder and bell seeing that it’s cost $300!! I had to buy those separately!! 😡😡
This is well made and definitely not of cheap materials. That being said, you have to be conscious of the fourth stabilizer wheel. If you don't use it, this will throw you. Without the small training wheel attached this can be dangerous. I am a right leg amputee and am 6'3 and about 220 puonds, and can appreciate the size and heft of this unit but it is not stable at all without that 4th wheel. Just fyi. I took a horrible fall the first day just making a small right turn, of course it was my fault for not using the stabilizer wheel in the first place. Otherwise a great unit.
This thing has given me freedom! I was a house prisoner using the small-wheeled one (the tires on it cut my carpet underlayment also), but this is worth the extra hundred buck for ease of use and being able to navigate outside, on gravel, sidewalks, and my lawn.

Feature Product
- Ideal for individuals recovering from injury or surgery to the foot, ankle or lower leg as well as below the knee amputees. The All Terrain Knee Rover is an excellent alternative to crutches and offers the most versatility among knee walkers.
- Indoor - Outdoor All Terrain knee scooter features 12 inch pneumatic tires - perfect for navigating your home, work, and any terrain with ease - including grass, gravel, dirt and gaps in sidewalks.
- Maximum stability and control when maneuvering - these steerable knee walkers offer an advanced automotive style tie-rod steering mechanism (not available on most knee walkers) and an adjustable locking handbrake.
- Fully adjustable knee platform and handle bars with easy folding mechanism for simple transport and storage of rolling knee walker.
- Heavy duty double bar construction offers unprecedented strength and stability for a knee scooter. All Terrain Knee Rover knee walker offers a 350 lb weight capacity and is recommended for individuals with heights 5'6" - 6'5".
Description
ALL NEW KNEEROVER ALL TERRAIN KNEE WALKER – NOW AVAILABLE IN CANYON ORANGE COLOR
The ORIGINAL All Terrain Knee Walker from the # 1 Knee Walker Brand
The All Terrain KneeRover Knee Walker is the most versatile and advanced kneewalker in the industry - establishing a new level of durability and freedom of mobility for individuals recovering from a broken foot, broken ankle, broken leg, foot surgery, ankle surgery or other lower leg injuries or medical conditions like ulcers.
These indoor - outdoor All Terrain kneeling walkers are an excellent crutch alternative and feature 12" diameter off-road pneumatic tires designed to easily traverse grass, sidewalks, gravel and dirt with incredible ease and agility (this is simply not possible with most knee scooters available today).
These steerable knee walkers offer an advanced automotive style tie-rod steering mechanism and NEW KneeRover Stabilizer training wheel for maximum stability and control.
KneeRover knee walkers are equipped with a free detachable storage basket and feature tool-free assembly, setup and height adjustments.
Whether your are at home, at work, on the trail or on the town, experience a faster paced lifestyle with the All Terrain KneeRover - No Boundaries!
SPECIFICATIONS:
Color: Canyon Orange with Metallic Finish
Product Weight: 27 Lbs
Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
Overall Length: 35.5"
Handlebar Height Range: 35" to 47"
Overall Height w/ handlebar folded and seat removed: 19"
Knee Support Height Range: 19" - 22.5"
Knee pad: 6.75" wide x 12.5" length
Front Axle Width: 21"
Rear Clamp Brakes
Wire Basket (7.5" x 12.5" x 8.25")
NEED MORE ACCESSORIES OR PARTS FOR YOUR KNEE WALKER? When considering an accessory or part for your knee walker scooter, check out the full line of KneeRover accessories available on Amazon - including Knee Walker Backpacks, Sheepette and Memory Foam knee pad covers, cup holder, LED head light, baskets.
GREAT SCOOTER — stable, quiet, and comfy with optional memory foam cushion; the pneumatic tires absorb the bumps well as I zoom over cracked asphalt or even the bumps of imperfect ramps on curbs (which I never noticed while on two feet).
I have become the envy of coworkers at the hospital where I work as I pass them in the hallways.
Frankly the wide turning radius is a comfort since it protects me from falling over — I can reverse direction in an empty elevator using a 4 point turn + the scooter is light enough to simply pick up and move in tighter spaces.
I got the optional cup holder but rarely need it since scooter comes with a basket.
The metallic orange paint is terrific — coworkers have suggested adding flames — and the scooter looks as good as it handles.
I suspect I may keep using it to navigate malls when my fractured ankle heals! It’s handy and fun to use — beats walking!
Moving to this KneeRover from Crutches is Freedom! I'm loving it's ability to let me move over greater distances even within the house. Sometimes I even just go for a "walk" for no reason.
Pros: The larger wheels really handle the door edges and general roughness of life around us. I've even gone down single step transitions into our garage. The overall build quality seem to be solid. During assembly, I found that the brake tension and brake lever position were already well placed and the tie rods already adjusted to keep the wheels parallel. It went together readily. Everyone at work was excited to see it and wanting to give it a try.
Cons: Very little to say but a few minor comments. It doesn't fold down very much and the front width can catch you by surprise in a car. The knee cushion is a lacking and my boney knee pushes it down quickly, you may need to add extra padding. 3 wheel vs 4 wheel - it has an extra stability wheel for those wary of the 3 but I opted to stay 3 wheel. I have a life experience of skiing, windsurfing, etc. so the balance during turning has not been a problem for me but if you have balance issues, start with the add-on wheel (included).
Some people had commented on the turning radius. In my office this is rarely an issue. In my home, I whiz around in the open areas and occasionally just pop the front up and over as needed for a tighter area. So easy and fun if you're agile beyond the reason for the rover.
The last mile delivery (US Postal Service) totally failed and presented mis-information about their attempts to deliver. Amazon went above and beyond and immediately sent a 2nd unit which I received one day after and then arranged pickup of the original once USPS finally delivered it 2 days late. Disappointing to not get it on the original date but Amazon resolved it nicely.
This scooter is AMAZING. I had a cheaper one with smaller, hard wheels and always felt like I was going to fall every time I went over a tiny bump. This things goes over sidewalk bumps and even gravel with ease. It is a bit heavier and larger than my other one, but that's a trade off I'm willing to accept for my safety and comfort. If you are considering a scooter, I HIGHLY recommend you spend the extra money and get this one with the all-terrain tires.
The knee rover has a big turn radius that makes it hard in the house. But other then that I feel it is a very safe product.
The Kneerover is very easy to use.
The turning radius is not great but with a couple of three point turns and it works perfectly.
The construction is very good quality and the brakes are strong, even down the ramp.
Don't listen to the bad reviews, if you are an active person you will have no problem using it.
Use the stabilizer wheel on the bad leg side and it really makes it more stable.
This scooter is much better than crutches or a walker. It works great over bumps and rocks.
I've had it out in the yard and it rolls over just about everything.
