
My family and I all use d rings for key chains. But the springs always give after a while and recently my husband Lost a set of keys and the fob to my car. Will be over $200 to replace. Then a week later his keys to his car fell off. Luckily those we found. I wanted the d ring but more security and Now we have it. No lost keys. I'm so use to clipping keys onto my purse strap and my daughter on backpack that it was an adjustment to remember fro unlock and lock but to save ourselves paying $200 a key I will deal with the inconvenience.
Great to have when camping or around the house in general. I use them on my backpack to hang stuff and also to keep my gear off the ground when it's wet. Seem like good carabiners. Springs are strong and the screw locks all work well. Well worth the price paid. Only one thing, wished that the screw locks were textured, that would make it easier during cold wet weather when hands are wet and numb or have gloves on.
Let's face it; these are not intended for hiking or hanging a hammock. You get what you pay for, and in this case you paid for an aluminum alloy carabiner with a threaded locking lug.
It works great for securing gear to my hunting pack. They don't have a lot of luster despite their brushed metal design, meaning that they won't flash or glint in the sunlight--which is great for my purposes.
I am deducting one star because the lugs are not totally consistent in their design. Some of my lugs will screw all the way up the carabiner while others will only just barely cover the hinge joint. Some have tighter threads than others. But all of them work and none were deformed.
For the price, these are great. I used them to secure things to my kayak while I am out fishing. They see a lot of time in saltwater and after several fishing trips still feel and perform like new. I wouldn't use them for supporting a massive load but for a light load that needs a lockable quick release, these are great. Don't trust them with your life and you'll be happy, the manufacturer makes that pretty clear.
I had to replace some really cheap rings that came with some travel gear and these looked pretty sturdy, yet light. They arrived quickly and are nice, but my one issue is that I struggled to open them. Great if I want to keep something hooked on, no so great if I want to remove them easily throughout the trip. Going to stick with permanent connections for these.

Feature Product
- STRUCTURE IMPROVED. Designed for fast and convenient connections.Can be easily attached to belt loops,backpacks,and more.You can also use them to put up tents and connect cords.
- LIGHT,STRONG&RUST-FREE.Made of aero grade aluminum alloy with a polished finish,ultra light yet strong,and tough enough to resist water and abrasion.
- VERSATILE.The carabiners are perfect for various occasions,such as camping,fishing,hiking,traveling,keychain,backpack and a lot more.
- WARNING.Break limit for STATIC force is 150 pounds with nut screwed.Can only be used for hanging light weight stuff.NOT applicable for climbing,swing,hammock,punching bag,big dog leash and the like.
- 100% money-back GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied.No questions asked.Outmate is the owner of Outmate brand and the only distributor of Outmate branded products.We've authorized no third party to sell any Outmate branded products on Amazon.Beware of counterfeit.
Description
Disclaimer:
The item can only be used for hanging light weight stuff.It's not intended for climbing,swing,hammock or other similar use.
Outmate is the owner of Outmate brand and the only distributor of Outmate branded products.We've authorized no third party to sell any Outmate branded products on Amazon.Beware of counterfeit.
6 x D-shape Aluminum carabiner
These are a welcome addition to my day pack and are a good choice for hikers. I use them to attach items to the outside of my pack and hang things from at camp; they're well made with a smooth surface and the secure lock has threading can be spun with one hand. You'll want to tighten with both for the most secure fit, but I like that if I need to maneuver with one hand for my canteen's loop while on the trail it's no problem.
I have these all over my Beast 28 backpack made by Matador. It looks really neat and they come in handy for holding things like water bottles, keys, and even in some cases my jacket or sweater from the loop under the neck. The one that I use on my keys get got worn out from the little key ring sliding around on it a lot, but I expected that to happen with any carabiner that holds my keys. when you unscrew the safety, one or two of them might creak or squeak.
I actually use these to attach food dispensers and litter boxes to the bars on my guinea pigs' cage. Doing so makes sure they don't move when my guineas are scrambling all over the place :) I obviously think they're multipurpose and sturdy. However, I they're a bit heavier and larger than I expected, just from looking at the picture. I also find the locking part can be a bit tiresome or get slightly stuck.
These carabiner-like devices have a traded connector that insures that the device stays closed. That means a little harder to close in some applications, but were perfect for my requirement. I'm going to use them to secure the lid of a plastic ammo box [Plano] that I use for BugOut in vehicles.
NOT to be used for climbing, and while they look strong, I would not suggest for human suspension situations.
Dave@Texas
Cheap but effective. These D-rings feel really cheap, and are noisy compared to better quality rings. They say they have a 150 pound limit, but I'm hesitant to trust one to hold anything over 25 pounds. These are great for hanging items off of a pack as shown in the pictures provided by the seller. I use them to hang light items in my garage, and to keep bags from sliding around in the back of my SUV. Overall, I'd buy them again for the same light duty applications.
