
Amazing! I can be even lazier!!! I feel like a little kid at Christmas! This product is AMAZING!!!! I bought a set for me....I mean my wife, and another set fire my mom. We all love it! However, as I was setting it up, one of the four failed to turn the device (a lamp) on. I was bummed, but still happy and relieved at Amazon's reviews stating how good the customer service was. I had faith they would fix it. As I began to type this reviewe1qWh , the lamp turned on, about 6 minutes after I initially attempted to turn it on. I checked it out and the plug works as advertised! See, I knew their customer service was good!
I have tried a couple other plug-in connectors in the past, and this was by far the easiest to set up. Very easy-to-follow printed instructions were included in the package. Once the device was connected to the app, I was immediately given an option to rename the device, which I did, and the app gave me a direct way to get to Amazon to set it up for my Echo devices. Took me maybe five minutes for the whole procedure.
Other manufacturers' devices had me going back and forth between the internet and the app, had to play around with router settings, couldn't figure out how to rename without going through another twist and turn. I'm glad I ordered four and will consider getting more. The price was very reasonable.
I just moved to a new apartment that does not have ceiling lights. This is pretty useful equipment so I don’t need to walk into my room in dark. There is time setting so you can actually turn on whatever you need at certain time. Also it’s very easy to setup. Have been used this for several days and it works fine!
Update: I Bought 8 more of these after placing my initial review, and am increasing my review by a star. I also have acquired an Amazon Echo Dot. ALL 10 plugs work great with both Google Home and Alexa.
Work after some effort: in fact the first Wi fi Smart plug that has worked for me. I am a huge fan of Smart Things, and Zigbee outlets, Sylvania Smart+, and have had no luck with hubless - wi fi only outlets - My first two hours with this product yielded my usual results; however before a negative review, and product return, I tried the 2nd outlet in the box, and it worked easily, and flawlessly. I then moved the first outlet into the room with my router, and it worked as well. Download the century app from PlayStore, and select CE Smart in the Google Home app, and all is well to control with google home. I have not tried via Alexa, but am confident that it will work as well.

Feature Product
- Compatible with Alexa & Google Home for voice control (Alexa device sold separately) via the "Smart Life" Skill/Brand
- Turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Century Smart app/Smart Life app or by simply giving voice commands to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. No Hub Required
- Schedule the Smart Plug to automatically power electronics on and off as needed, like setting lights to come on at dusk or turn off at sunrise. With the countdown timer feature, simply set a timer for the Smart Plug to turn off its appliance automatically.
- Track power usage for connected devices and figure out which devices use the most energy. You can effectively cut your usage so that you can save money on your next electric bill
- 2-Pack includes two (2) Smart Plugs. Requires a secured 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network connection. ETL Listed
Description
It was surprisingly easy to install the App on my phone and connect the outlets. This is ideal to avoid running around and turning on lamps. I just plop down on the couch and open the app, tap the outlet squares and my lights are turned on. There's no delay or connectivity issues. I'm really happy with the product.
We like the fact that we can program various lights to come on or off on a schedule. These are for a second home and it makes it look like someone is home.
I've been exploring the possibility of adding more smart devices to my home recently. I started with a single wifi switch a couple years back for a hard to reach light, and was impressed with it. Since then I've picked up a few different devices and was getting a bit frustrated that nothing worked in the same ecosystem.
I should note that I don't like the idea of smart assistants, and my wife and I don't want an Alexa or other smart device in our home, so the idea of a bunch of different brands all tied into one assistant is nice, but not what we want to do.
Imagine my suprise when I discovered that these devices are 100% compatible with the Monoprice Stitch app, and that there's a few other brands of switches and smart things that are all sharing the same design, and probably the same guts. I can pick which app works on all our devices, set up one account, and put all my devices in one app. No more juggling and remembering "is this switch on App A, B, C, or D" it's just open one app and they're all there. I'd say that right there is the best part of these switches, hands down.
The fact that they're dead simple to set up, work great, and don't have any noise from the controller are major bonuses as well. I'm OK with the fact that the case is plastic and sealed shut, since that means it can't easily fall apart, and it's not too hard to crack into them if or when they fail. They also have a 15 month warranty on them, so I won't worry about it.
All in all great hardware, open ecosystem that can handle multiple manufacturers, and solid build.
This was a cool purchase.. I had no idea you can purchase a plug that could work with your cellphone! Thinking i had to buy a Google hub or Alexa. never looked into cellphone apps. Cool this is that is links to them too if you want. And it has the plug openings not one like I have seen with others that are controlled by apps/Alexa/Google Hub.
I like that fact that can use it indoors or out. Planning to get more for the holiday lights but this one I used for my house lamps in the living room. When I leave town I try to have timer turn them iff and on when I am not home but it was unreliable and I wonder all the time if they were working. After getting this plug I tested it immediately! On the app shows control. My hubby likes it so much he linked it to Alexa he bought that day to see if it does work together. It does! The plug he can control Alexa through his phone and I can control the plug by my cellphone app directly. We set the timer with Alexa or my cellphone. Best part is, when I drive up with hands full to get in the house. I turn my lights on with my cell app before getting out of the car to simulate someone is inside the house. No longer walking in the dark to switch on lights and its a great safty tool for single women....or men.
Took a few minutes to set things up. but with patience everything works great. Going to buy some for gifts and patio lights outside since its weather proof the ideas where to use it is endless. I recommend this item!
This was my first time purchasing a smart outlet for my Amazon Echo Dot, and this product exceeded expectations. It was extremely easy to connect it to the Alexa app and includes instructions that outline the few steps that are involved. The ability to control the outlets from my phone (via a separate app) is also convenient. I would highly recommend this product to anyone with a Google Home or Alexa-enabled device due to its easy connection, high quality, and added convenience to routines.
