Chefic Whetstone 2-IN-1 Premium Sharpening Stone 400/1000 Grit Waterstones Kit - BearMoo Knife Sharpener Stone Safe Honing Holder Silicone Base Included, Polishing Tool for Kitchen/Pocket Knives/Blade

No Comments

Chefic Whetstone 2-IN-1 Premium Sharpening Stone 400/1000 Grit Waterstones Kit - BearMoo Knife Sharpener Stone Safe Honing Holder Silicone Base Included, Polishing Tool for Kitchen/Pocket Knives/Blade

Chefic Whetstone 2-IN-1 Premium Sharpening Stone 400/1000 Grit Waterstones Kit - BearMoo Knife Sharpener Stone Safe Honing Holder Silicone Base Included, Polishing Tool for Kitchen/Pocket Knives/Blade

I have a very nice Japanese Myiabi knife, when I first purchased it the knife was razor sharp, of course as I used the knife it became less sharp... as knives do. So I decided since I paid so much for this fine tool I would take it someplace and have it professionally sharpened. Well long story short the culinary corner guy ruined the knife. I might as well been cutting everything with a butter knife. So I ordered this whetstone the 400/1000 grit and the 3000/8000 grit stones. I also purchased some honing oil. After receiving the stones i read the instructions which stated that you could use oil on the stone but water worked better. I soakd the stones in water for at least 15 minutes before using them. My knife was heavily damaged so my firs knife took me about an hour on the 400 grit stone to create a new edge then I proceeded to the 1000 grit , 3000, then the 8000 grit to finish polishing the edge. I must say i am extremely happy with the results and my knife is razor sharp again. The only thing I could add to this review would be save your money and don't bother buying the honing oil because you don't need it. I have attached a photo of my knife, please keep in mind the big scratches up the body of the blade were from the hack that ruined the blade edge prior to my repair

Just received my new Chefic 400/1000 grit wet stone. Like a kid I had to try out my new ( toy), I already own several other wet stone's, but they are 1000-8000 grit's. I needed a much lower grit to start out with, as I am learning the wet stone method. This 400 grit was exactly what I needed to start out with on some of my really dull knives. I tried in vain with the higher grit's with little success ( still learning ). Used the new Chefic 400 grit side, and worked like a charm. Now I can progress up to the higher grit's. I'm still learning the technique, but getting the hang of it pretty fast. Thank you Chefic for a great well made wet stone. Jeremiah.

I'm a chef I personally use this combination when sharpening my Japanese knives of hrc 61 and up.
1000 grit > 3000 grit> 8000

my old stone was pretty much at it's limit so I bought this stone and will say that I'm very satisfied. The stone itself is well made and sturdy and came perfectly leveled as shown in the picture. It actually came with two rubber place holders. one on each side of the stone, so I was happy about that. Things get misplaced in a kitchen ya know...

if you're not familiar with whetstones, here's my advice for this particular whetstone. Do not soak it overnight or for long periods of time. High grit stones tend to crumble or get extremely soft. Just fully submerge it in water for a few minutes and use, adding a few drops of water every now and then when it slightly dries out. When you're done, clean the white 8000 grit with a lower grit stone just to keep it clean and remove metal penes and allow it it dry out on a towel.

I'm really enjoying the 3000 side of this stone. It's enough to actually sharpen at a quite decent rate and is a high enough grit level to begin polishing as well. 8000 grit is quite high, and for 99.9% of knives it's really not necessary but it's always nice to have and I use it for "stropping" before moving on to my leather strop with compound. The 3000 grit is slowly becoming my preferred grit over my 1000 stone for knives that aren't in rough shape.

Pros:
+Price
+3000 grit side is fantastic
+Comes with two non-slip rubber bases (placing these on a slightly wet towel works as well if that's your setup)

Cons:
-Getting a 2-1 stone means you're getting less of each stone. I hesitated to even put this as a con considering the price on these, $22 when I bought them.

For the money you really can't go wrong.

This is by far the best stone i have ever bought!
Its good for the price i mean i bought one in my local kitchen store this store dedicates to kitchen stuff even hotels buy from thia place..
And it was like 10$ more expensive and didn't bring the guide or the wood stabler.
This is worth the price worth it.
The knife guide actually helps.
Im not sure if i dislike anything yet. I mean it does sharpen ur knife or w/e you want to sharpen.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Thick, Solid and Large Whetstone: Made of professional grade white corundum, perfect for the larger chef's knives, gives a nice working area for any size of knife, corrosion-resistant, heat-resistant, edges and corners are clearly demarcated.
  • 2 Grit Sides Ensure Best Sharpening: 400 grit side has good metal removal rate, light scratches edge. Intermediate stage before finer grits. 1000 grit side leaves metal edge with frosted appearance. Edge sharpness equivalent to majority of factory edges on knives, tools.
  • Suitable for Most Grinding Operations: Kitchen knives, hunting knives, kitchen shears, pocket knife, Shun chef knife, porting knives, straight razor, cutting class knife grinding, precision tool, garden tools, art appliance and ceramic knife, but EXCEPT serrated blades and ceramic knife etc(please kindly follow the coming user guide).
  • Safety Guarantee with Silicone Mat: The non-slip silicone base keeps the stone firmly in place, amazing experience without moving at all.
  • Satisfaction Guarantee No Risk: We're sure you're going to love this whetstone, try it out today without risk. If you're not satisfied with the sharpening stone for whatever reason, just contact us within 30 days for a hassle-free full refund, no questions asked.

Description


-- What could we do when our knives or tools are dull or even chipped?
-- Don't worry, Chefic sharpening stones can help you solve this problem.


1000 Grit Side:
This grit is a very good overall grit. It is fine enough for many jobs and still have enough abrasive properties to do sharpen knives and tools that are not very dull. If you keep your knives and tools in good shape, you'll find yourself reaching for this grit level often. This grit is also very common for the final stage for many kitchen knives.

400 Grit Side:
This fine grit is able to put an edge on a tool or knife that exceeds just about any commercial edge you'll find. This grit is very fine and sharpen very slowly. This is to be used after you've created an edge with more coarse grits.

Instructions to use:

1. Soak the sharpening stone with water for 5 minutes, then put it on a steady surface such as
    a table or a desk.
2. First use the #1000 grit side for coarse grinding in 10~30 degree angle, push the knife
    out with a little force, and then gently retracted. This process takes about 15 minutes.
3. Then use the #400 grit side for fine grinding. This process takes about 10 minutes.
4. After sharpening the knife, clean the knife with wet cloth or water, then dry it.
5. Use a soft brush to clean the sharpening stone, then placed in a ventilated place out to dry.

Attention:

1. Do not only use the middle of the sharpening stone, please make full use of the surface
    of the whetstone.
2. Do not use whetstone to sharpen serrated blades.

Specifications:

Material: White Corundum
Color: Light Green+White
Dimension: 7.09"(L) x 2.36"(W)x 1.18"(T)
Weight: 19.75oz.

Packing List:

1 x Sharpening stone 1000/400 Grit
1 x User Guide grit



I already had a holder but it's a nice touch that it came with 2. I guess it serves dual purpose to protect it in the box as well. Most of my knives were already sharpened just before Christmas but I had to find something. So I found the worst knife in my drawer that I don't even know why I hadn't thrown away yet. It was dull as a butter knife. I used an old stone I had to start since this was in really poor shape, 250-1000 grit and then I moved on to this BearMoo stone. I like the quality of the stone as compared to other stones I've used in the past that really start to break down during sharpening. Naturally there is some wear while using this stone but not as much and I like that. Makes me feel it will last much longer. Anyway after working on the 3000 grit side. I gave the knife a test cut on some paper and it was just as good as my other knives. I went ahead and finished off on the 8000 grit side and over all I am really happy to add this stone to sharpening kit.

As you can see in my 2nd photo, this knife is pretty much junk, the tip is somehow snapped off. Honestly though with a knife this sharp I don't really need the tip since I'm slicing, not stabbing.

After reading the reviews, I bought these whetstones with a bit of skepticism: negative reviews seemed to have been making valid points and I was not really convinced that all the positive reviews were real. I had the same feeling for all whetstone sellers on Amazon – they all seem to be selling pretty much the same product.
I bought 400/1000 and 3000/8000 combinations and put them to test the day they arrived. Since our Global knifes have not seen a real stone since new, it took a while to get the right bevel and a uniform burr on 400, about 30 min, but the subsequent grits took just a few minutes and I managed to get mirror finish on the bevel and razor sharpness already with 3000 grit; 8000 was really not needed but I did it anyway. I sharpened two large chef knifes and a pairing knife; the stones held up well and remained flat – you do need to make sure you use the whole area.
From this experience, it seems that people who complain about not being able to achieve the right finish should not blame the stones – different results may be just due to the quality of steel.

Worked great getting the finishing touches on some chisels I was sharpening before using a honing strap.
I used the stone with water, and the rubber holder held the stones solid with no slipping.
They are of good size, large enough that I felt comfortable using them for a large kitchen knife as well without being so large they were bulky.

After reading the reviews, I bought these whetstones with a bit of skepticism: negative reviews seemed to have been making valid points and I was not really convinced that all the positive reviews were real. I had the same feeling for all whetstone sellers on Amazon – they all seem to be selling pretty much the same product.
I bought 400/1000 and 3000/8000 combinations and put them to test the day they arrived. Since our Global knifes have not seen a real stone since new, it took a while to get the right bevel and a uniform burr on 400, about 30 min, but the subsequent grits took just a few minutes and I managed to get mirror finish on the bevel and razor sharpness already with 3000 grit; 8000 was really not needed but I did it anyway. I sharpened two large chef knifes and a pairing knife; the stones held up well and remained flat – you do need to make sure you use the whole area.
From this experience, it seems that people who complain about not being able to achieve the right finish should not blame the stones – different results may be just due to the quality of steel.

Looks very neat just sitting on your counter top. I rubbed down the bamboo stand a couple of times with oil to keep it hydrophobic and bring out the grain.

It's my first sharpening stone, and I may purchase another of lower grit(s), as this one, from what I understand, is more for refining an edge than establishing a new bevel on a very dull knife.

Get it Now